Industrial Wastewater Treatment
Sustainable & economical wastewater treatment systems. Technologies for safe, environmentally compliant wastewater treatment systems and sewage treatment plant operations.
What is Industrial Wastewater Treatment?
Industrial wastewater treatment is the process of removing organic and inorganic contaminants from effluent generated by industrial sites. The treated water can either be released into the environment, discharged to sewer or reused in plant processes.
Why treat industrial wastewater?
There are many environmental and economic reasons to treat wastewater produced by industrial sites, such as:
• Environmental protection: release fewer harmful pollutants into ecosystems
• Compliance with discharge standards: avoid costly fines or plant closure
• Lower waste disposal costs: save money by reusing treated water and reducing waste volumes
• Lower water supply costs: save money by reusing treated water and reducing reliance on scarce freshwater supplies
• Income generation: produce biogas (through anaerobic digestion) to inject to the grid
• Corporate citizenship: boost company PR in a time of growing ecological concerns
How can industrial wastewater be treated?
Industrial effluents are diverse, containing different types and amounts of contamination. This means wastewater treatment processes must be adapted to fit each industry and plant.
Veolia Water Technologies offers a range of tailored industrial wastewater treatment systems for all major industries, such as food & beverage, automotive, mining, pharmaceutical, petrochemical and power. Technologies include:
• Anaerobic wastewater treatment: breaks down organic contaminants using anaerobic microorganisms
• Aerobic wastewater treatment: breaks down organic contaminants using oxygen and aerobic microorganisms
• Clarification: removes suspended solids and flocs (particles) by allowing them to settle
• Evaporation: separates contaminants to produce concentrated steam
• Filtration: removes impurities using a semi-permeable membrane
• Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF): separates suspended solids, oils and grease from wastewater
Want to find out more about industrial wastewater treatment systems? Fill in the form at the bottom of the page and one of our wastewater experts will be in touch.